Re: Org and Hyperbole

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Org and Hyperbole
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 23:13:56 -0300

On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 at 22:47, Robert Weiner <rsw@gnu.org> wrote:

> I am the author of Hyperbole and would be happy to answer questions
> concerning Hyperbole today (so you don't have to answer based on
> experience from the 1990s).  Hyperbole has been modernized for use
> with Org mode and Emacs 28 and continues to develop.  There are videos
> that demonstrate some of its features in simple, understandable ways.
> Hyperbole is a single Emacs package that can be installed and
> uninstalled quickly for testing.  It is largely a global minor mode,
> so you can also disable it quickly if you ever care to.  In 20 minutes
> you can get through the builtin, interactive demo and be on your way
> to basic yet powerful usage.  We have listened to much feedback in the
> last few years and made it much more approachable.

Hi Robert,

can you show us a sexp that will disable Hyperbole completely, and
that we can execute with our favorite variants of `C-x C-e'?
I know that this page

  (info "(hyperbole)Default Hyperbole Bindings")

has this paragraph,

  {C-h h}
  {C-h h X}
     Hyperbole Mini Menu: Enable Hyperbole minor mode and invoke the
     Hyperbole minibuffer menu, giving access to many Hyperbole
     commands.  This is bound globally.  Use {C-h h X} to close the
     Hyperbole minibuffer menu and disable Hyperbole minor mode.

and apparently these sexps toggle Hyperbole minor mode,

  (hyperbole-mode 1)
  (hyperbole-mode 0)

but even when I toggle it off the global binding for `C-h h' remains
active...

  Thanks in advance.
  My notes on Hyperbole are here,
    http://angg.twu.net/hyperbole.html
  and there is some material on why I find Hyperbole too "magic"
  in these two links:
    http://angg.twu.net/2021-org-for-non-users.html
    http://angg.twu.net/eev-wconfig.html

  [[]],