Re: Re [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Re [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 19:35:35 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

>> Can it be extended to add properties to a
>> #BEGIN_example
>> #END_example
>> snippet?
>
> Didn't we conclude that wrapping blocks during LaTeX export should be
> done via special blocks? (This question has been raised multiple times,
> I am unsure if you are referring to the same discussion I have in mind).

Special blocks is usually the best solution for these cases. But
(without wishing to add more fuel to old discussions) I think it would
be nice to have as attr_latex a series of positions similar to the hooks
in the etoolbox LaTeX package:

\AtBeginEnvironment
\AtEndEnvironment
\BeforeBeginEnvironment
\AfterEndEnvironment

Something like :pre :post :precontent :postcontent.

In the case of blocks, I think this would simplify the documents a lot
if what you are looking for makes sense only in LaTeX export (special
blocks are exported to everything).

And in the case of floating objects such as tables or figures, it would
be really useful, since here you cannot resort to the use of special
blocks (*inside* those environments, I mean), and the workarounds that are
usually provided are still a bit tricky.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com