Re: [BUG] org-agenda-list takes 4m compared to 27 that took 15 seconds [

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-agenda-list takes 4m compared to 27 that took 15 seconds [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-25-gaf6f12 @ /usr/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:27:14 +0000

Hi. Ihor

[...]

    Ihor> Can you: 1. Load your agenda 2. Start 'cpu+mem profiler 3. Rebuild
the agenda 4. Share the
    Ihor> obtained 'cpu _and_ 'mem reports

I found an issue.
void-function org-looking-at

    Ihor> BTW, is your Emacs 28 using native-comp?
    >>
    >> NO. But on this lower-end machine there is no too much difference.

    Ihor> native-comp is improving things proportionally. It should actually
have higher impact on
    Ihor> lower-end machine. I recommend native-comp unless you update
frequently (and hence need to
    Ihor> re-compile using native-comp often).

On my case. My distro which is archlinux-arm aka alarm for 32bits does
not provide the compiled package libgccjit. So compiling it takes
several hours on this little machine. cross-compiling it takes almost
1h, but preparing the machine for cross-compilation takes time also. So
my conclusion is 'it does not worth the hassle'.

Best Regards