TBLFM trying to create an infinite number of lines

From: Julien Palard
Subject: TBLFM trying to create an infinite number of lines
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 20:41:19 +0000

Hi,

I was playing with the idea of calling subprocesses from TBLFM (good idea or
not)...

...and found that:

    |  |
    #+TBLFM: $1='(shell-command-to-string "echo 42")

Tries to build an infinitly long table (I have to interrupt it with C-g).

While:

    |  |
    #+TBLFM: $1=42

Which looks the same to my eyes behave cleanly by just updating the single line.

Is that a bug or did I misunderstood something?

I'm using Org 9.5.5 on emacs 28.2 on Debian.
--
[Julien Palard](https://mdk.fr)