Re: [BUG] ob-R.el: extra empty data.frame columns generated from plain l

From: Johan Tolö
Subject: Re: [BUG] ob-R.el: extra empty data.frame columns generated from plain lists after recent change [9.6 (release_9.6-3-ga4d38e @ /usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 09:51:59 +0100

Greg Minshall <minshall@umich.edu> writes:

[snipped]
"Proper list" in the context of this discussion and pertaining to R would be a =list()=, not a vector which is what is usually returned by =c()=. A =data.frame()= is a special case of a =list()= where every
column has to have the same length.

well, it's a language mapping problem. what one considers a "list" in
org-mode is
- well
- something like
- this
  - maybe with
  - this

whereas in e-lisp, '("well" "something like" '("this" '("maybe with"
"this"))).

Absolutely, I just wanted to clarify that there is no confusion as to what an R list is in the context of R itself (as far as I can tell). Your post made it sound like there is.

[snipped]

--
Johan Tolö