Re: section continuation

From: Heinz Tuechler
Subject: Re: section continuation
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 21:01:02 +0100

Timothy wrote/hat geschrieben on/am 28.12.2022 18:37:
Hi all,

2¢ from me: I have yet to see an example which seems like it actually needs the
ability to go “up” a level. Sometimes I need to rethink my initial impulses, but
often it forces me to use a better structure.

Considering the example used in the thread, I would think it lends itself to
something like this:

┌────
│ * General animals
│   Some text about general animals
│
│ ** Categories
│
│ *** arthropods
│    spiders and things
│
│ *** vertebrates
│    so-and-so
│
│ *** other animals
│    etc.
│
│ ** Overall comments
│   More about animals in general
└────

All the best,
Timothy

Dear Timoty,

taking your example, it seems logically disturbing to me to put "Some
text about general animals" at a different level than "More about
animals in general".
In other words, if "More about animals in general" deserves an "**
Overall comments" section, why should not "Some text about general
animals" be headed by "** Introductory comments"? I don't propose that
solution, but it seems logically more consistent to me. For myself, I
did not find a good solution, but I frequently encounter similar situations.

best regards,
Heinz