Re: Babel (scheme): Evaluation errors are not shown

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Babel (scheme): Evaluation errors are not shown
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 00:28:44 +0100

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> I just added you as the maintainer of ob-scheme.el.

A sudden turn of events:

My employer have just decided that we will convert all Scheme to Fennel,
a zero-runtime Lisp based on Lua, because it has a better bus factor,
meaning that, in the worst-case, the company can continue with Lua, a
language for which one can find programmers more easily than for Scheme.

So, my use of Scheme drops from 8 hours per day to effectively 0,
effective today.  As a result, I would like to kindly ask you to revert
the change, for without actively using something, I cannot maintain it.

That said, if my employer changes their mind during the transition from
Scheme to Fennel and decides to keep the current code base, I will
re-volunteer.

Thank you for understanding, and I again apologize for the churn!

Rudy
--
"Be especially critical of any statement following the word
'obviously.'"

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava