Re: LaTeX export for Org Mode Documents written in Indic Languages

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: LaTeX export for Org Mode Documents written in Indic Languages
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 11:36:13 +0000

Krishna Jani <krishnajani2005@gmail.com> writes:

> I have never had to write in languages other than English but an
> assignment just came up to transcribe the Indian Penal Code in
> simple and understandable Hindi. I have an Org file with some of my
> transcriptions (because of Emacs's awesome language support) but I am
> unable to org-export these files to pdf. I suppose I must install some
> latex packages, but I have not been able to find any documentation for
> the same. I dont really know latex, I mainly just use it for Org pdf
> export.
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience, or has a clue to this problem. Is
> there some documentation relating to languages that I can read

LaTeX makes it tricky to export non-English out of the box.
We support it partially via LANGUAGE setting (see 13.10.2 LaTeX specific
export settings), but you still need to accompany this with installing
certain LaTeX packages and adding LaTeX headers manually.

See the discussion in https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87h6z7jq4o.fsf@localhost/
The discussion also mentions some useful LaTeX headers and packages.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,