Re: copying text from links makes it with a starting [[

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: copying text from links makes it with a starting [[
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 08:40:22 +0000

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> writes:

>> What exactly do you do to copy the link?
>> See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback
>>

> Imagine I've this org fragment:
>
> Link: [[https://foo.com]]
>
> where the link is displayed without brackets, in org mode.
> I place the point at the beginning of the first visibile character,
> hence the 'h', and the C-space M-e M-w and then go to another
> application and paste the content of the clipboard.

Then, brackets being included is expected behaviour. Org cannot really
know whether you want to copy link as actual link or as Org markup.

If your link also contains escaped symbols, copying becomes even more
tricky: [[https:test.asd/\]\]s]] (original link: <https:test.asd/]]s>)

I am not sure what would be the best interface in your situation other
than creating a dedicated function to copy the link address.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,