Re: Possible error in manual

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: Possible error in manual
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 09:54:40 -0600

J G <exportfs@gmail.com> writes:

>  2.2.3 Catching invisible edits
>
>  Sometimes you may inadvertently edit an invisible part of the buffer and be
> confused on what has been edited and how to undo the mistake.
>  Setting org-fold-catch-invisible-edits to non-nil helps preventing this. See
> the docstring of this option on how Org should catch
>  invisible edits and process them
>
>  org-fold-catch-invisible-edits does not exist in Org mode version 9.5.2, it
> should be org-catch-invisible-edits.
>
> thanks
> Jim Graf

Where did you read the manual?  I am looking at the info page `(org)
Catching invisible edits' that comes with Org 9.5.2, and see the correct
variable name.  (Emacs 28.1 built from source, with built-in org.)

My guess is that you are looking at something (probably online) which
assumes that you are on Org 9.6.

Best,

RY