Re: UTC or not UTC for timestamps in the past ([FEATURE REQUEST] Timezon

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: UTC or not UTC for timestamps in the past ([FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 08:21:59 +1100

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

> No, I don't think you've missed anything significant.  Thanks very much for
> your patience
> during a discussion that was interesting for me.  I learned quite a bit from
> you and the
> other contributors to the thread and look forward now to learning how Org
> mode evolves to
> handle events and occurrences.
>
> Let me know if you have questions.

Agreed. I also think this latest discussion is extremely valuable as
coming up with some clear terminology which can be used to reference
different use cases for timestamps is very likely going to make
documentation and exmaples/tutorials much cleaner and could help define
a more intuitive interface which helps users select the right option in
the right circumstance.