Re: Either zero or two newlines with org-agenda-block-separator, cannot

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Either zero or two newlines with org-agenda-block-separator, cannot seem to get one?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 11:53:16 -0500

Hello List,

I had sent original email to the list some time ago, never received a
reply.

Hopefully I have set the correct headers for proper threading; if not
the OP can be found at (either of) these URLs:

https://yhetil.org/orgmode/33fe6d20c0591fedbdd8c6ea78e34370@isnotmyreal.name/

https://list.orgmode.org/33fe6d20c0591fedbdd8c6ea78e34370@isnotmyreal.name/

I just looked at latest master(main) and It looks like this part of the
function `org-agenda-prepare' (in org-agenda.el) remains the same:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
                (insert "\n"
                        (if (stringp org-agenda-block-separator)
                            org-agenda-block-separator
                          (make-string (window-max-chars-per-line)
org-agenda-block-separator))
                        "\n"))
#+end_src

This results in problem mentioned in title.

I guess no one else is affected/bothered by this?

I have been patching it locally, it would be nice not to have to manage
that any longer.

--
Cheers,
TRS-80