Re: export to html, colored dates: org-mime export works but org to html

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: export to html, colored dates: org-mime export works but org to html does not
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 09:54:07 +0100

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

..

>   (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-text-functions 'my-html-red)
..

> But if I have
> #<2023-02-11>#
> in an org file and export it to html, no color is added to the timestamp.
>
> I don't know how to debug this.
>
> Any idea?

In org, "<2023-02-11>" is a date, not plain text. Thus, your function
doesn't get called with a text matching your date.

Note that using macros, you could get almost what you want.

#+MACRO: IDATE @@html:<span style="color: red">$1</span>@@

{{{IDATE(<2023-02-11>)}}}

And maybe ther is a way to also customize date format to get rid of the
brackets.

Bruno