Re: [POLL] Proposed syntax for timestamps with time zone info (was: [FEA

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [POLL] Proposed syntax for timestamps with time zone info (was: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 13:45:22 +0300

* Heinz Tuechler <tuechler@gmx.at> [2023-02-14 12:44]:
> Jean Louis wrote/hat geschrieben on/am 14.02.2023 07:00:
> > * tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> [2023-02-12 16:50]:

> > > It is not about "the offset OF UTC". It is about "the offset
> > > RELATIVE TO UTC".
> >
> > Yes, surely is clear to me personally.
>
> If 2022-11-12 12:00+02 # 12:00 UTC+2 should mean that local time is
> intuitively clear to me. I would assume that holds for many others
> as well.

Exactly that. Never said anything different.

Discussion started from something like this:

2022-11-12 12:00+02 @UTC

and that is different case, where Ihor was suggesting that: 2022-11-12
12:00 is UTC time, not local time, where by +02 is offset (I say not
UTC offset) to be added or deducted on that time.

> > That we got for sure.
> >
> > Then just representation must be clear: @UTC is unclear in those
> > cases, but @RELTOUTC would be clear.
> >

> @RELTOUTC seems unfortunate, as it states only the obvious. If at all,
> it should be @AHEADUTC or @BEHINDUTC or some abbreviation of it, but as
> said above, it seems not necessary to me.

As idea I understand Ihor and other person on Internet.

But as implementation by using @UTC or by using date time
representation as UTC time with offset (not UTC offset), I think it
will be confusing for people, unless there is new tag invented to make
sure of it.

Any idea is fine:

2022-11-12 12:00+02 @UTC-SUM
2022-11-12 12:00+02 @UTC-TO