Re: Bug: org-latex-export-to-pdf does not remove .tex file [9.4 (9.4-elp

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: Bug: org-latex-export-to-pdf does not remove .tex file [9.4 (9.4-elpa @ /home/bruno/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4/)]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 09:34:21 -1000

Bruno BEAUFILS <bruno@boulgour.com> writes:

[[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
When using the org-latex-export-to-pdf on any foo.org file I get the foo.pdf file produced the right way but I also get the foo.tex file.

I think that the whole point of exporting to pdf is only to get the pdf
file, avoiding the need to keep the latex one.

I guess that one of org-latex-compile or org-latex-export-to-pdf
function should remove the source LaTeX file if the compile went well.

Emacs : GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-03-28, modified by Debian
Package: Org mode version 9.4 (9.4-elpa @ /home/bruno/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4/)

I often use the .tex file to track down compilation issues. I don't want Org to delete it.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye