Re: Unicode problem with export of literal contents

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: Unicode problem with export of literal contents
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 10:40:55 +0100

Jens Lechtenboerger <lechten@wi.uni-muenster.de> writes:

> On 2023-02-17, Bruno Barbier wrote:
>
>> Here is a way to reproduce that doesn't use org, in case it might help
>> to manully fix your encoding issue:
>>
>>    (with-temp-buffer
>>       (insert "Lechtenb\303\266rger")
>>       (let ((buffer-file-name (make-temp-file "mailtest")))
>>         (save-buffer)))
>>
>> Does it work with your old config (with your old org) ?
>
> This also asks for an encoding.

If you're always using utf-8, here is a way to force it so that
secure-hash can compute the hash. This should work:

   (with-temp-buffer
      (let ((coding-system-for-write 'utf-8))
        (insert "Lechtenb\303\266rger")
        (secure-hash 'md5 (current-buffer))))

Without setting coding-system-for-write to utf-8, it asks for an
encoding:

   (with-temp-buffer
      (insert "Lechtenb\303\266rger")
      (secure-hash 'md5 (current-buffer)))

I'm still no getting your use case, but, let's hope that this naive hack
is enough for you :-)

Bruno