Re: tex export overshoots right margin with mixed fonts

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: tex export overshoots right margin with mixed fonts
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 11:03:18 +0000

On Friday, 24 Feb 2023 at 11:42, Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr wrote:
> Now, is there a way to tell Org to export _=MappingInstruction=_ as
> \ul{\texttt{MappingInstruction}}?

Well, I found I never used strike-through but definitely wanted to be
able to highlight text.  So, I redefined the +...+ markup to generate
\hl{} with the following in my custom variables:

'(org-latex-text-markup-alist
   '((bold . "\\textbf{%s}")
     (code . protectedtexttt)
     (italic . "\\emph{%s}")
     (strike-through . "\\hl{%s}")
     (underline . "\\uline{%s}")
     (verbatim . protectedtexttt)))

(and equivalent for HTML export).  You could do similar for _..._?

I also changed the face used so that +...+ was highlighted by
customising:

'(org-emphasis-alist
   '(("*" bold)
     ("/" italic)
     ("_" underline)
     ("=" org-verbatim verbatim)
     ("~" org-code verbatim)
     ("+" highlight)))

I did these changes years ago and have never found the lack of
strike-through an issue but do use highlighting all the time, especially
when sharing work-in-progress documents (PDF) with others.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.1-250-ge6353d in Emacs 30.0.50