Re: Org-mode notes about school lessons

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Org-mode notes about school lessons
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 09:08:43 +0100

On 2023-02-24, at 18:05, Tory S. Anderson <webdev@toryanderson.com> wrote:

>> As I need to write a lot for each lesson, and each lesson are mostly
>> independent from each other, I plan to have 1 file per lesson.
> This is a very stylistic, but I am a "all in one file" user, though
> I have a seperate directory and .org file per class, but no more split
> than that. I have always had =C-c s= bound in org files to something
> like =consult-org-heading= (or the helm equivalent, or selectrum
> equivalent, or even the vanilla emacs equivalent that I can't remember
> right now). To me, being able to easily go to headings/classes in one
> file fits my usage. I could see arguments for the other, though, since
> emacs is good at browsing/searching multiple files, too. And I suppose
> git version control might be more useful on the multiple-file setup.

This.  To each his own, but I also can't see much benefit of having many
small files instead of a few larger ones.  For example, linking to other
sections might be easier this way.  But, as Tory said, this is also
about personal preference, so I'm not claiming here that my way is
objectively better.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski