Issue with dvisvgm Option for Exporting TeX Snippets to HTML

From: yc wang
Subject: Issue with dvisvgm Option for Exporting TeX Snippets to HTML
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 10:27:15 +0000

Dear Community,

I hope this letter finds you well. My name is ywangmy, and I am an avid user of
org-export for exporting TeX snippets to HTML. First and foremost, I want to
extend my appreciation for the hard work and dedication put forth by the
developers to create such a valuable tool.

I am writing to bring to your attention a particular issue that I encountered.
When I enable the dvisvgm option for exporting TeX snippets, I noticed that the
displayed math environment enclosed in \[…\] is not recognized as "equations,"
similar to other math environments like \begin{align*}...\end{align*}, which
are placed in a “equation-container” div tag in HTML. Instead, the generated
SVG is simply inserted as an image like inline math enclosed in \(…\), leading
to formatting disorders.

I kindly request the esteemed developers to consider modifying the
org-html--math-environment-p function(if my tracking of the exporting utility
is accurate) accordingly. By ensuring that the dvisvgm option (or any other
options that insert TeX snippets as images) treats the displayed math
environment as "equations," it would substantially improve the formatting and
overall user experience when exporting TeX snippets to HTML.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to your valuable contributions
to this matter.

Sincerely,
ywangmy