Passing table to Ruby session

From: Mike Gauland
Subject: Passing table to Ruby session
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 20:17:40 +1200

I'm trying to pass a table to a ruby code block. The table is 211 lines, of four columns.

I want to pass it to a session, so I can use the data in subsequent blocks.  I've done this successfully on my work laptop, running Windows emacs (28.2), with ruby 3.2.

On my linux box (NixOS), however, the code block never completes.  If I cut the table down to 65 lines or so, it works just fine.

If I sent the full table to a stand-alone block (no :session), the block executes successfully.

Both machines are using ob-ruby.el version 2.4.4 and inf-ruby.el 2.7.0.

If anyone has any thoughts on what might be going on, I'd love to hear them. I'm not familiar enough with the code (not yet, anyway) to know where to start.

I'll work on putting together a minimal example, if anyone is interested in testing it on their system.

Kind regards,

Mike