Re: Basic citations: should default citation style have a name and style

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: Basic citations: should default citation style have a name and style code?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 19:10:45 +0000

On Sunday, January 14th, 2024 at 03:26, András Simonyi
<andras.simonyi@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not an active Ivy user (although I was in the past) but now I
> tried it out with the basic cite-insert processor and "C-u C-j" seems
> to be working as "empty input".

Phew, what a morning.  I removed Ivy, Swiper and Counsel from my configuration
and tried Vertico and its connected packages; then find-file didn't work;
eventually I discovered some code I'd copied a decade ago and forgotten that
was now interfering with completion somewhere; I tried org-cite-insert again
and had the same problem; I wondered if I'd have to declare Emacs bankruptcy; I
read this response and Joost Kremer's ("You'll run into the same issue with
Vertico, I suspect"); I tried C-u C-j in Vertico and was glad it worked; I did
some more tweaking to Vertico; I broke something and spent half an hour on
that; finally I got everything working.

So after about four hours of fiddling things look more or less how they did
before, except that Emacs now starts up much, much faster, *and* a
long-standing problem with searching in a buffer is now gone: with Swiper, C-s
to search would make Org lose the formatting on links and they would show [[in
their raw naked form]].  I know someone else had this problem too, so I'm
noting this for anyone searching the archives for Swiper.

Thanks to you both for your help,

Bill

--
William Denton