emacs-tangents

Re: Emacs User Survey 2020 Results

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs User Survey 2020 Results
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 00:08:51 +0300

* Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> [2020-12-09 23:59]:
> * That the default keybindings are just 2x as popular as the vim-a-like
> key bindings.  This one is really surprising to me, because we seldom
> get bug reports about things in that corner.  But perhaps they just work
> perfectly?

Bug report requires specific mind set and some experience, it also
requires English, courage, not being shy, etc. Non English speaking
people will rather skip it. Users may not know what is bug even if
they see it. Only a small subset of users are sending bug reports.

I would count for ever bug report other 1000-10000 people affected.