[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: emacs-wiki-discuss Digest, Vol 12, Issue 17

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: emacs-wiki-discuss Digest, Vol 12, Issue 17
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:55:35 -0500

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 at 08:30:17 -0800, Jody wrote:

"...I wonder if there is any *practical* use to assigning the task to a
few categories..."

Maybe not for tasks, but for notes on a task, my answer is "Yes,"
especially if you want to refer back to what you did and why you did it
several months later.  You might want to find the notes that you wrote
concerning, say, a scripted visual progress bar.  Which plan page was
that?  Was it in the StatProg page?  Or the DataBase page?  Or
ScriptFiles page?  Or NeatoCodeThingies page?  Or CoolWebPages (since
you lifted it from a web page)?  I suppose you can grep around to find
it....

But if I could use C-u remember-region and enter multiple plan pages, I
wouldn't have to worry about finding it.

See, I'm the kind of person who thinks the horseradish sauce should go
into the same spot in the 'fridge each time.  Because when you're
putting it away, it's in your hand so you know where it is, and it's
takes less time to put it in a certain spot than it does to look for it
the next time.  (I'm sure there are medications I could take to control
this, though.)  :)

Anyway, having written all that, planner's Simplicity is its second best
quality.  (The first is that it's an extension of Emacs!)

All the best!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>