[emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki 2.65 released, new Muse maintainer

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki 2.65 released, new Muse maintainer
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:24:58 -0500

At the request of John Wiegley, I've become the Muse maintainer.  I
haven't made any official releases of it yet.  Updated instructions
for obtaining Muse may be found at
http://www.mwolson.org/projects/MuseMode.html .

The tarball may be found at
http://www.mwolson.org/static/dist/emacs-wiki/emacs-wiki-2.65.tar.gz.
It corresponds with patch-62.

Here is a list of bug fixes and feature enhancements.

 - Fix problems that people were experiencing when trying to use a
   combination of `emacs-wiki-change-project' and visiting an
   emacs-wiki page in a different directory.  Thanks to TL for
   reporting this.

 - I moved the `emacs-wiki-project-homepage' function from
   emacs-wiki-menu.el, since it is generally useful.  It returns the
   published link of the homepage of the current project.

 - I realized that I incorrectly assumed that the "default page" was
   the same as the "home page".  It isn't.  The "default page", which
   is defined in `emacs-wiki-default-page' is the page that will
   appear as the first option when you use a function like
   `emacs-wiki-find-file'.  `emacs-wiki-home-page' contains the first
   page that users should see when they enter your project.  Sorry for
   the confusion.

 - I have made a new variable called `emacs-wiki-home-project' to
   complement the existence of `emacs-wiki-default-project'.
   `emacs-wiki-home-project' denotes the first project that the user
   will enter when they browse your website.  This isn't used in any
   functions (yet), but it could possibly be useful in header and
   footer areas.

 - The internal documentation of most functions has been overhauled.

 - You should now be able to correctly publish pages with interwiki
   links that have no tag after them.  For example, if ProjectsWiki is
   defined in `emacs-wiki-projects', having "ProjectsWiki" in your
   page will make a link to the home page of ProjectsWiki.

 - The problem with hitting RET on an interwiki link and getting
   "error: stringp nil" should be fixed now.

 - If you use `emacs-wiki-grep', you will find that it now actually
   works on Emacs from CVS.

 - You can now have the last "word" from your project names stripped
   from the published name at publish time.  For example, the text of
   all of my links now says "Projects" instead of "ProjectsWiki".  The
   default is to not do this.

 - The default for `emacs-wiki-publishing-header' puts the menu above
   the title, as Marc Tommasi suggested.  The code for menu generation
   in said variable is still commented out by default so as to not
   annoy those who upgrade.

 - Hopefully the problem with nop tags not being taken into account at
   publish time has been fixed.  Thanks to TL for reporting this.

 - Previous versions of emacs-wiki produced non-compliant XHTML 1.1
   documents when underlining was used.  I have fixed that.

 - An entry in `emacs-wiki-coding-map' has been added for 'mule-utf-8,
   as suggested by Pascal Quesseveur.  This might fix problems with
   using emacs-wiki with Emacs 21.3.x and MULE.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- Web: http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug