[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to put information (first items) from Chang

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to put information (first items) from Changelog on another published WikiPage
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:41:06 -0500

Jean-Philippe Georget <address@hidden> writes:

> I use Changelog feature to give information about the modifications
> of my website.
>
> Now I want to put the first items of this file (for example the 4
> first items) on the published WelcomePage.

That's a good idea.  I do something similar, but use
emacs-wiki-journal with a "Webpage" category.  Unfortunately, to
achieve the effect of having the most recent 4 entries on another page
(usually the Front page), I manually copy and paste them. :^(

I'll experiment over Christmas Break with this idea (and try to make
it generally useful, so ChangeLogs can work also).  I wonder what a
good name for this functionality might be ... hmm.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- Web: http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug