[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: Integrating email with planner.el

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: Integrating email with planner.el
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:08:15 -0500

Hi Clair!

I'm also a Windows user, as evidenced by my annoying habit of sometimes
putting my replies above quoted messages. :-/  Sorry.

Gnus runs well on Windows, but configuring it is tricky.  I enjoyed
using it mostly as a newsreader, but I also had it as my email client
for a short time.  I but never could send mail from my work computer
since it had to go through my employer's Exchange server, which was
(eventually) configured to not allow relaying.  (I was able to access my
Exchange Inbox with Gnus, though).

Since you replied to the thread in which support for various email
clients is discussed, let me announce to you that I've published
CopyToClipboard().  This VBA subroutine makes it easy to copy the
contents of an Outlook mail item to the Windows clipboard so that it can
be yanked into an Emacs Planner (or Remember) buffer.  The code is
posted at:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeContrib

Good luck!

--