[emacs-wiki-discuss] Checking for tasks that didn't get carried forward

From: Win Treese
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Checking for tasks that didn't get carried forward
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:38:59 -0500

Occasionally I notice that some tasks don't get carried forward, even
though I have

       (setq planner-carry-tasks-forward t)

This seems particularly true when I run M-x plan with a prefix argument
of days, although I haven't tried to characterize it carefully. I
haven't dug around to see what the problem might be in the code, but I
wrote a short script (on Linux, should be generally portable on UNIX
systems), to check for tasks left on an old day page. (It's a shell
script, not elisp, since that was faster to whip up for this particular
task).

Anyway, I thought others might find it useful, so here it is.

Win Treese
address@hidden

#!/bin/sh
# Check Emacs Planner files to make sure all tasks were
# carried forward.
#
# Created: 9 December 2004
# Last modified on Tue Dec 21 11:38:58 EST 2004 by treese
#
# Win Treese
# address@hidden

PLANDIR=$HOME/Plans

cd $PLANDIR

thisday=`date +%d`
thismonth=`date +%m`
thisyear=`date +%Y`

files=`/bin/ls 200[0-9].[0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9] | sort`
for i in $files; do
    fileday=`echo $i | cut -d . -f 3`
    filemonth=`echo $i | cut -d . -f 2`
    fileyear=`echo $i | cut -d . -f 1`

    if [ $fileyear -le $thisyear ] && [ $filemonth -le $thismonth ] \
        && [ $fileday -lt $thisday ]; then
        grep "_" $i /dev/null
    fi
done