[emacs-wiki-discuss] daily tasks using planner-cyclic

From: Wei-Hao Lin
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] daily tasks using planner-cyclic
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:56:12 -0500

I've create some daily tasks with the help of planner-cyclic.el.
However, if I put off any daily tasks, they'll be copied to the next
day.  There's a flag planner-cyclic-diary-nag to prevent this, but it
doesn't work well.  I traced a little bit and tried to figure out why
planner-cyclic-diary-nag failed to do its job.  The calling path is
sort of as follows,

1. When I enter my office in the morning, I call plan() interactively.
2. plan() creates a new day page for today.
3. planner-mode() runs planner-mode-hook, including
   planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe().  Thus daily cyclic tasks are
   created.
4. In the middle of plan(), any unfinished tasks from
   previous (3) days are copied to today's day page.

Since new daily tasks are created before old, unfinished daily tasks
are copied, planner-cyclic-diary-nag cannot prevent planner-cyclic to
generate the same task again.

I'm wondering how other people cope with this problem or how they
create cyclic daily tasks.