[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: About planner, timeclock and PSP

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: About planner, timeclock and PSP
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:38:50 +0900

sf writes:

> The following page:
> http://www.ipd.uka.de/mitarbeiter/muellerm/PSP/#pplog-mode includes
> the pplog-mode.el mode (major mode for personal process logging).
> This may be related to planner via planner-timeclock. This is also
> about software processes like Personal Software Process, which may
> be also related to planner. Although "fun" is probably not part of
> the

Hmmm. That's an interesting idea: just a quick timestamped note, kinda
like Remember but less fancy. It should be easy to write a
planner-log.el that doesn't need pplog-mode. Might make a fun, simple Lisp
exercise.
Nothing fancy, just something that goes to (planner-today) and
jumps to a particular section, then adds

hh:mm | ...

Hitting the key from a planner page would jump back to whatever you're doing.
Kinda like the way sacha/planner-what-am-i-supposed-to-be-doing works.
Thanks for pointing that idea out!

> I would like to thank you too, for these little icons which replace
> the {{Tasks:<#>}}. These are very handy: I use

Glad you like them. We can eventually get around to making different
icons. =)

> Here is "how I use planner":
> 1. both home and work but separate plans
> 2. at work: track work, help to work on several things at the
>    time, recording web findings. Cannot say planning yet.
> 3. use remember together with w3 to record web findings
> 4. use planner-multi (still some problems I need to solve)
> 5. use the icons for planner-id
> 6. use planner-log-edit for RCS (and CVS)
> 7. Use planner-diary
> 8. at home: no rule, freestyle

Excellent! =D Glad to see how you've put all the little pieces together. <grin>

> Attached is "my" configuration file. All of it come from documentation,
> mailing-list, your config,...

May I post this LaTeX file somewhere on the Net?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed