Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] sacha's emacs-wiki-config.el

From: TC
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] sacha's emacs-wiki-config.el
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:53:51 -0600

As a lisp idiot, what I'm about to say may be absolutely The Wrong Thing To Do. However, it has helped me in the past. So:

You could check out different aspects of the code you suspect by opening the file in question, placing your cursor after a particular piece of lisp, and hitting C-x C-e (eval-last-sexp). The result of the evluation will be given in the minibuffer at the bottom of your emacs window. That will let you home in on the specific bit that's giving you the error.

And maybe you can also find some error-related info in your *Messages* buffer?

Of course, my problem is that I rarely know what to *do* with the error once I find it, but at least I have a bit more than my usual "HELP!" to offer to the mailing list's gurus :-)

tc

Sebastian Luque wrote:
I'm trying to use Sacha's setup for emacs-wiki. From her
emacs-wiki-config.el:

,-----[ emacs-wiki-config.el (lines: 26 - 37) ]
| ;;;_+ Automatically publish files upon saving
| (defun sacha/emacs-wiki-auto-publish ()
|   (when (derived-mode-p 'emacs-wiki-mode)
|     (unless emacs-wiki-publishing-p
|       (let ((emacs-wiki-publishing-p t)
|             (emacs-wiki-after-wiki-publish-hook nil))
|       (emacs-wiki-publish-this-page)))))
| | (add-hook 'emacs-wiki-mode-hook
|           (lambda () (add-hook 'after-save-hook
|                                'sacha/emacs-wiki-auto-publish nil t)))
`-----

This particular code is giving me a "Symbol's function definition void:
nil" whenever I get into planner with, say M-x plan. This is in:

GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2005-02-03 on trouble, modified by Debian

I'd be grateful for any advise on this, as debugging it is not helping me.