Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] No more breaking links during fill

From: Keith Amidon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] No more breaking links during fill
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:10:52 -0800

This isn't directly related to Michael's post, but it reminded me of
it and I thought others might find this useful too...

I use the following to prevent tasks lines from being wrapped by
auto-fill-mode.

 (add-hook 'planner-mode-hook
           (lambda ()
             (setq auto-fill-inhibit-regexp "^#[ABC] +[_oX].*")
             (setq truncate-lines t)))

It also prevents lines from being wrapped at the end of the window,
which I find useful because I find it difficult to scan the tasks if
they wrap.  Doing this doesn't affect my notes sections, etc. because
I use auto-fill-mode to wrap at 70 columns.  However, if you want to
disable that aspect of it, remove the (setq truncate-lines t) form.

    -- Keith