Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Error with dev version under GNU Emacs on W

From: Allen B. MacKenzie
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Error with dev version under GNU Emacs on Windows...
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:02:53 -0500

Nope. I've got cl-macs.el . I tried adding the directory containing cl-macs.el to the path, but that didn't help, either. I finally added (require 'cl) to my .emacs, and that seems to have done the trick. So, thanks for sending me down the right rabit hole. Should this be added to the docs somewhere? (Or is it there and I just missed it?)

Also, 21.3.1 is the latest version of GNU Emacs available in a precompiled windows binary. [1] And compiling Emacs is really deeper than I care to go on the Windows platform.

[1] http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/

Allen

Jody Klymak wrote:

Hi Allen,

"Allen B. MacKenzie" <address@hidden> writes:

I'm sorry if this was already discussed on the list, but a brief
search didn't turn anything up.

I have been running planner mode for several weeks now, and I have
generally been very pleased.  I decided to move from the stable
version to the dev version to try out planner-trunk, as recently
discussed on the list.  When I run "plan" on the dev version, though,
I get the following error, "Symbol's function declaration is void:
declare".

You need cl-macs.el.  It came with my version of 21.3.50.1.  Maybe
21.3.1 is too old?
Cheers,  Jody