[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner mode + calendar: avoid repetetive entri

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner mode + calendar: avoid repetetive entries
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:30:48 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Ottaway <j.ottaway <at> lse.ac.uk> writes:

> entry to the plan page].
>
> When you say that the cyclic entries will grow large over time, will
> they really grow large enough to cause problems?

Thanks for answering.

No, the space is not really the problem. It's more the duplication
as such; somehow, ``grepping'' (searching) through the files gives
me lot's of hits, when much of the text is repeated over and over.

On the other hand: I see the philosphy: at that particular
date, the cyclic entries had been such and such and therefor
they are copied and kept at the date-specific planner file.

Since I just started using planner I need to get used to
it to get a feeling what I really want (and also
how to use it on different ``workspaces'' and synchronizing
them with subversion without too many conflicts all the time.)

Martin