Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to print a one-week schedule

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to print a one-week schedule
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:09:15 +0000

>> > I'm wondering whether there is an easy way to print my schedule-based
>> > appointments.  For example, I would like to generate a one-week or
>> > one-month
>> > calendar with all my appointments.
>>
>> If you use planner-appt, you can call planner-appt-forthcoming-display
>> with a prefix argument:
>>
>> C-u 3 0 M-x planner-appt-forthcoming-display
>>
>> would show appointments in the next 30 days, for example.
>>

> Thanks very much.  This is exactly the function I was looking for.

> BUT, I can't seem to make it function correctly.  Everytime I only get the
> appointments scheduled in my cyclic diary (that are automatically inserted in
> the day pages).

> I cannot manage to get the ones I manualy inserted in the "* Schedule" section
> of my day pages.

It appears to work for me.  Are these items in the schedule
appointments? that is, does the start time begin with an '@'
character?  If not, they won't appear in the forthcoming appointment
list.

> Besides, is there a way I can make the day (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) appear as
> well?  For example:

> ,----
> | Monday day[[2006.03.10]] |  11:00 | 12:00 | Meeting
> `----

That's a good idea.  I don't have time to do this at the moment; I
have added an item about it to the planner bug list.

--
Jim Ottaway