Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Instructions for converting to Muse

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Instructions for converting to Muse
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:24:40 +0000

  SL> Paul Lussier <address@hidden> writes:
  >> Steven Lumos <address@hidden> writes:
  >>
  >>> I guess what I was really asking is: Aside from renaming all of
  >>> my files to blah.muse, what else am I going to have to do?
  >>
  >> You don't even need to rename your files to blah.muse...  (setq
  >> muse-file-extension nil)

  SL> Ah.  That's one of the things I disliked about switching to
  SL> Muse, but the NEWS file (for 3.40) says:

  SL>   *** Planner files must have a .muse extension.
  SL>   Make sure that you rename your Planner files to have a ".muse"
  SL>   extension, or they will not be recognized.

I feel a little guilty as it was my suggestion that muse files use an
extension. Quite a few people have complained about it, since a .muse
extension became the default.

It really is the best way though; the old scheme based on directories
required muse to test for the directory location for every file
loaded, including those unrelated to muse. And muse sometimes got it
wrong; I build my websites with make, and have to switch all my
Makefiles away from muse mode was irritating.

If you have access to a known windows command line, it's very easy to
achieve. Perhaps as penance, I should write some lisp to achieve the
same thing.

Phil