emacsconf-discuss

[ANN] EmacsConf 2019 Call for Proposals

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [ANN] EmacsConf 2019 Call for Proposals
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 08:25:20 -0400

                          ____________________

                             EmacsConf 2019
                           Virtual Conference
                          ____________________

                            November 2, 2019

Table of Contents
_________________

1. Important Dates
2. Talk Formats
3. Topic Ideas
4. Submission
5. Getting Involved

The [Call for Proposals] for EmacsConf 2019 talks is now open, until
*August 31, 2019*.

We are back again this year, after a much too long hiatus, and we’re
calling for your participation!  EmacsConf is the conference about the
joy of Emacs, Emacs Lisp, and memorizing key sequences.

We welcome speakers of *all backgrounds* and *all levels of experience*,
including newcomers submitting a proposal to give their first talk!

[Call for Proposals] <https://emacsconf.org/2019/cfp>

1 Important Dates
=================

   CFP Opens              July 29, 2019
   CFP Closes             August 31, 2019
   Speaker Notifications  September 7, 2019
   Schedule Published     October 1, 2019
   EmacsConf 2019!        November 2, 2019

2 Talk Formats
==============

  The following are the main formats for EmacsConf 2019 talks:

  - *10 minutes* (Lightning talk): Quickly present a cool project,
    concept, or trick!

  - *20 minutes* (Standard talk): Introduce the audience to a new Emacs
    mode, concept, or just talk about something not necessarily shiny
    and new but that you find really neat nonetheless.

  - *45 minutes* (Extended talk): Take your time going more in depth,
    and/or do a demo!  Extended talks are a great way of really
    educating the audience about something you enjoy.

  Other session formats such as tutorials and workshops could be
  arranged as well.  If you are interested in these or other kinds of
  sessions, let us know and we can try to arrange it!

  Keynote speaker(s) for EmacsConf 2019 will be introduced in a future
  announcement.

3 Topic Ideas
=============

  Not sure what to give a talk about?  You might find some neat ideas on
  the [ideas] page (feel free to add yours there too)!  If you’re still
  not sure, come by our IRC channel `#emacsconf' on `irc.freenode.net'
  and say hi.  You can join the chat using [your favourite IRC client]
  or the [freenode webchat].

  A great way to write a strong proposal is to start by exploring the
  programs from previous years: [2015], [2013].

[ideas] <https://emacsconf.org/2019/ideas>

[your favourite IRC client] <irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/emacsconf>

[freenode webchat] <https://webchat.freenode.net/#emacsconf>

[2015] <https://emacsconf.org/2015/program>

[2013] <https://emacsconf.org/2013/#program>

4 Submission

  Once you’re ready to submit your proposal, the [submit] page has the
  instructions on how to submit your talk.

  We are committed to increasing the participation of speakers belonging
  to groups traditionally underrepresented at free software conferences,
  including women and people of colour.  If you’re comfortable sharing
  demographic information, please include them in your submission email,
  but your proposal will not be judged negatively if you leave them out.

[submit] <https://emacsconf.org/2019/submit>

5 Getting Involved