emacsconf-discuss

Re: EmacsConf time schedule

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: EmacsConf time schedule
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 16:07:11 -0400

Hi Alain, all!

What a wonderful idea. :) We're still figuring out the preliminary agenda and haven't gotten in touch with people yet, although we'll try to get ourselves organized enough to send out some emails this weekend.

You're right, timezones will be an interesting challenge in terms of agenda planning! We should check with the speakers what times UTC they might be available and factor that into the agenda... I'm in Toronto and Amin is in Waterloo, so 9 AM our time will be 2 PM in Zurich and 5 PM Toronto will be 10 PM yours. That's not a firm timespan yet. I'm open to shifting it if Amin is okay with it and if we can find people to help cover other hours, since it's hard for me to go much earlier or later for kiddo reasons.

What do you think about doing the first three hours or so (or longer, if you want) as a satellite viewing event? It'll probably be keynote and user-focused sessions/lightning talks, which is where both of your proposed talks might fit. The afternoon (relative to Toronto) will probably be developer-focused, which might be worth extending the event over dinner.

Amin?

Sacha