emacsconf-discuss

[ANN] EmacsConf 2020 schedule, poster, watching, and participating

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [ANN] EmacsConf 2020 schedule, poster, watching, and participating
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 01:00:00 -0500

Greetings, fellow Emacsians!

* Schedule

On behalf of the EmacsConf 2020 organizers team, I'm very happy to
announce the schedule for EmacsConf 2020 (Nov 28 and 29), available at
<https://emacsconf.org/2020/schedule>.  We have worked with each speaker
to try and schedule the talks in a way that works reasonably well for as
many speakers as possible with respect to each speaker's availability.
But even so, there may be potential changes in the weeks leading up to
the conference, or even during the conference itself (like last year).
Please keep this in mind when looking over the deceivingly granular time
slot minutes (a side-effect of our automated schedule generation :-)).

* Poster

Paul Sutton has created an awesome poster for EmacsConf 2020 that you
could share with others to help spread the word about the conference!
Please see <https://emacsconf.org/2020/poster> for a preview of the
poster and links to the various formats it is available in, along with
the source ODG file.

Paul has kindly licensed this poster under the terms of the Creative
Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license,
and you are more than welcome to modify/change it or even use it under
the terms of the CC BY-SA 4.0 free culture license as a basis for a
poster for your own event.  Thanks for the cool poster, Paul!

* Watching

On November 28 and 29 you will be able to watch the livestreams via
<https://live.emacsconf.org>, which also has details on how to watch the
streams using media players that support streaming (like mpv and VLC).

* Participating

The <https://emacsconf.org/2020> page of the EmacsConf website will soon
contain detailed information about the EmacsConf IRC channels on the
freenode network, and instructions for connecting and participating.
You can join using your favourite IRC client, or using the EmacsConf
instance of The Lounge web IRC client at <https://chat.emacsconf.org>
via your browser.  More details about this will be added to
<https://emacsconf.org/2020> over the following days after this
announcement.

For audience questions specifically, we will be experimenting with using
a collaboratively-editable Etherpad as the primary means of collecting
audience questions.  We will be posting a link to the pad closer to the
event.  If, however, you are unable to access the pad to add your
question(s), we will still try to take questions from our
questions-specific IRC channel, and ask one or two volunteers to kindly
add questions from that channel to the pad on behalf of folks who are
not able to or prefer not to use the web-based questions pad.

                                 * * *

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email me
directly or message me (bandali) on the freenode IRC network.