emacsconf-org

Re: Reviewing the EmacsConf 2020 submissions we received so far

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: Reviewing the EmacsConf 2020 submissions we received so far
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 08:16:56 -0400

Thank you Amin. I will review these and get back ASAP.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 11:34 PM Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org> wrote:
Hi Sacha, Davids, Karl,

I hope you're all well.

As previously planned, we are starting the review process early, before
the CFP closes, to give us a bit of extra time in case it's needed.

As of now, we have received 15 submissions (yay!) with some people
submitting multiple proposals, and the CFP remains open for 3 more days
(October 7), so we might receive another couple of submissions by then.

Given that I won't be doing any reviews, at least not initially, we have
15 submissions and 4 reviewers.  So, three of you will get 4 submissions
each, and one of you will get 3.  If we receive any more submissions by
the 7th, the first one will go to whoever initially got 3 to review. :-)

I will shortly email each of you privately with 4 or 3 submissions, each
submission an Org file attachment.  I tried to remove any directly
identifying information from the submissions to give them some degree of
anonymity.  Of course, it is not perfect, but I think it's about the
best one could reasonably do without substantially tampering with the
proposals, especially the abstracts.

Given the (IMHO) reasonable number of submissions per each person, it
would be great if you could look through and review them, and reply to
me with your decision for each proposal.  If you do end up rejecting a
proposal for any reason, please be sure to include your reasoning for
the rejection in your reply, so that we could provide the submitter with
feedback on their proposal and why it may not have been a good fit for
EmacsConf 2020.

If you have any questions, run into any issues, or if you'd like to
discuss a particular submission, please don't hesitate to email me or
ping me on IRC.

Thanks,
amin