Re: [emms-help] emms problems

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms problems
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:17:33 +0100

Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:

> After some more testing I found that the new function does not work
> with playlists containing absolute file names in Windows format. I
> propose the following change:
>
>            (setq files (cons (if (file-name-absolute-p line)

Doh! I'm sorry - of course that's the right way to do it.

> I also found the following mismatch:
>
> the info file announces a function emms-play-dired which does not
> exist in the sources.

I hope the person that commited the info file is reading this :-)

>From your other mail:

> command arg: "c:/Temp/cd/Grauzone - Eisbär.mp3"

The \201 is an coding system artifact (i.e. it tells emacs that
the following thing is a latin-1 character, or so I think) - have
you somehow configured your default process coding system? It
should be configured to be the same as for your files. I don't
know whether that's the explanation, or even remotely related to
the problem - all I know is that this is a coding system problem,
and that I don't know much about coding systems in Emacs :-(
(Nope, UTSL didn't help either :-/)

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))