Re: [emms-help] problems running emms from cvs

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] problems running emms from cvs
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:28:57 +0200

Angelina Carlton <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 05:43:15PM +0200, Jorgen Schaefer wrote:
>> You can test this already by just adding
>>
>>       (defalias 'read-directory-name 'read-file-name)
>>
>> to your configuration. When the anonymous CVS updates, this should
>> be done automatically by emms.
>>

> Thank you Daniel and Jorgen. (and Lukhas in irc)
> The music loads fine now and starts playing but I have a problem with
> them is corupt:
>
> http://paste.lisp.org/display/9038

I think I fixed this in the latest CVS. `oggc-split-comment' was
misusing `split-string' there in the case of non-existent
comments.

If you evaluate the following snippet, loading your directory
should work:

(defun oggc-split-comment (comment)
  "Split Ogg COMMENT into a (name, value) pair.

If possible (`ccl-execute-on-string' and `ccl-decode-mule-utf-8'
available), COMMENT is decoded into utf-8.

The name-part is converted to lowercase, to make sure case-differences
are ignored."
  (setq comment (split-string comment "="))
  (list (downcase (car comment))
        (oggc-decode-utf-8 (or (cadr comment)
                               ""))))

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))