[emms-help] Re: ido-mode patch to emms-source-file.el

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] Re: ido-mode patch to emms-source-file.el
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:47:07 +0200

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, guys~
>
> This patch makes ido available to emms.

Hi William,

Thanks for writing this patch, but it is not needed.  To ``use ido
everywhere for reading file names and directories,'' customize the
variable `ido-everywhere'.

> ps: ido.el is a really great package, which supports file/buffer
> name substring matching. I hope someday it would become part of the
> standard Emacs.

It has been in CVS for three years, and will be part of Emacs 22.1.
Note also that its predecessor, iswitchb, has been part of the
standard Emacs distribution since March 1997.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>

    So really, we all have to ask ourselves:
    Am I waiting for RMS to do this?   --TTN.