Re: [emms-help] emms-mpc.el version 2 and a few suggestions

From: William XWL
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-mpc.el version 2 and a few suggestions
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:18:22 +0800

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Now, a few suggestions for emms.
>
> 1. Could someone please change `emms-seek' and `emms-pause' in
>    emms-player-extensions.el so that the seek and pause
>    functionalities are programmatically determined, rather than
>    checking against 'mplayer?

Yeah, i've noticed the problem and uploaded it to cvs.

BTW, here,

(defun emms-player-mpc-seek (sec)
  "Seek backward or forward by SEC seconds, depending on sign of SEC."
  (interactive)
  (shell-command-to-string (concat emms-player-mpc-command-name
                                   (format " seek %d" sec)))
  ;; Taking our cue from emms-player-mplayer-seek
  (when (fbound 'emms-lyric-seek)
    (emms-lyric-seek sec)))

The `emms-lyric-seek' part could be omitted, since there's a
`emms-player-seeked-hook'(which will be run by `emms-seek') reponsible
for it.

[...]

--
William