[emms-help] Re: To list or not to list

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] Re: To list or not to list
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:40:49 +0200

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When you have a lot of entries in your playlist, killing
>> and yanking tracks in the PBI gets really, really slow.
>
> [snip]
>
> I'm curious to know, how big is big? I'm all for allowing
> arbitrary sized playlists but I'm wondering if we are
> talking about a practical size.

I've got, oh, a couple thousand entries.  How large are
your playlists, and do you experience the slowness?

> If we are, then it definitely needs to be fixed.
> Otherwise we might find ourselves refactoring a lot of
> code for a very small demographic.

I'd say three thousand entries is pretty much a moderate
playlist size in this day and age.

> I've been thinking of re-writing pbi ever since I fixed
> some bugs there.

Me too.  But I think I'll start putting together a new
PBI-centric music player instead, to try some ideas out.

> Let's see who gets there first.

Sure. :-)

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>