Re: [emms-help] More sort functions?

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] More sort functions?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 01:06:20 +0800

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> How does aggregating all the sorting functions into their own file
> sound? The proposed file can replace the now defunct emms-pl-manip.el
> file (I don't approve of the name emms-pl-manip.el anyway and would
> gladly see it gone).

Oops, I nearly forgot those emms-pl-*.el files...

How about name it `emms-playlist-sort.el'? Attachment is my initial
effort.

[...]

> You will have to go though n tracks in any case. I would try not to look
> at the files' tag more than once, which means waiting for whatever the
> user chose to do with info and only then processing the results. Not a
> happy prospect.
>
> As I understand it you are looking for the Google approach; don't
> organise, search.
>
> The user might have disabled info all together, is using info with
> `later-do', using info without `later-do' or loading the tracks from a
> saved playlist.

Thanks. Given the complexity, adding all files at a time and using the
above sort functions seems to be good workaround.

p.s. I think it's valuable to show keymaps when `M-x describe
emms-playlist-mode', namely,

(defun emms-playlist-mode ()
  "A major mode for Emms playlists.
\\{emms-playlist-mode-map}."