Re: [emms-help] Re: ogginfo problem

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: ogginfo problem
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:12:46 +0200

On 10/17/05, Michael Olson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I've sent some since. I wish I had a way to tell if patches arrived
> > and are pending or never really reached their destination.
> >
> > Maybe I'm not really getting into the darcs way of things.
>
> From a bit of tinkering, it looks like the best way to tell if your
> patch has been applied is to type "darcs send".  If the patch shows up
> there, it hasn't been applied.  If it doesn't show up, it has been
> applied.

Finding out if they are applied is not the problem at all. As I said
the question is if the patches arrived at all. If they have, have they
been `rm'ed or are they just about to be applied. Until a patch is
applied, they are in limbo. Which is not something that happens when
using a centralised system.

My solution is going to be not to let it bother me. Darcs is obviously
a different way of working where repositories drift apart and
occasionally connect.

        Regards, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell