Re: [emms-help] make emms-player-start cycle players

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] make emms-player-start cycle players
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:22:57 +0200

Andrea Russo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> This patch make emms-player-start a little more "fault tolerant" by
> trying all suitable players for the specified track in
> `emms-player-list' until one succeeds.

Thanks for your contribution! I am somewhat confused as to why
this is necessary.

In what circumstances does a player return t for `playablep', but
errors out on trying to play the track? Naively, I would assume
that player to be buggy?

Also, since the player is started asynchronously, what kind of
errors does your patch catch?

Regards,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))