[emms-help] Re: Last.fm plugin for EMMS

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emms-help] Re: Last.fm plugin for EMMS
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:00:50 -0400

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:

> Adding our own private versions of existing files is not a beautiful
> approach. What if someone already uses those libraries and gets a
> namespace collision? Will the functions in our copies of http-* all
> have unique Emms names?

It might not be beautiful, but it is best for the user, in my opinion.
I think that as long as we are distributing simple bugfixes and not
new features with these libraries, there is no problem with including
them.  This especially holds for libraries that have not been modified
in a while (which is the case for both tq.el -- though I've committed
my changes upstream for Emacs22 -- and http-get|post.el).

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net