[emms-help] Re: New emms-volume-amixer-raise and emms-volume-mode

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emms-help] Re: New emms-volume-amixer-raise and emms-volume-mode
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 00:20:06 -0500

"Ye Wenbin" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have change emms-volume-raise/lower-function to
> emms-volume-change-function,
> To work with emms-volume, just set emms-volume-change-function to
> emms-volume-mpd-change. Is it nesessary to to have
> raise/lower-function?  I think the only difference is the change
> amount is not the same as  emms-player-mpd-volume-amount. If you think
> this is not a good idea, I  will revert emms-volume to original
> version.

Oh, OK -- I misunderstood what you were saying before.

I am indeed worried about the change amount.  One possibility would be
to pass 1 to `emms-volume-change-function' when increasing, and -1 for
decreasing, and permit the function to use its own multiplier.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net