[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: What about a release?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:53:20 +0300
User-agent: Gnus/5.110007 (No Gnus v0.7) Emacs/22.1.50 (gnu/linux)

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>> Oh, yes. On [1] they say that it will be released this Friday. So maybe
>> we can change the preambles (replace 2 with 3 should be enough, right?)
>> till then, replace COPYING seconds after it's publicly available and
>> release EMMS as the first package released under the GPLv3.
> I released my code under V2 or later, not under V3 only. I don't think
> we should change the headers, our code will automatically be licensed
> under V2 or V3 as soon as the license is officially out, it will up to
> the users to choose which license fits best their needs.

If Emms has been signed off to the FSF, we are not the copyright holders
anymore. In a strictly legal sense, it is not our decision. I think that
the consequence is that we can't keep Emms GPLv2-only in any case (not
that I would want to).

So what Lucas suggests is really the only option, that is,

   "Cut your own wood and it will warm you twice"

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]